The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Linen and Towels and Bass...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:12 am 

Hi Society!

...oh my! In case you were wondering, yes, that was an awful Oz-related pun composed of some of the props you may have lurking around without even knowing it. Read on to find more, and a short update on another couple of things as well!

1. REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
2. PROPS
3. CAKE AND SAINTS

Post subject: Re: Linen and Towels and Bass...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 am 

1. REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
As you may have noticed already, the final rehearsal schedule up to show week is now available in a variety of locations. For one, it is attached to this email! Secondly, you can download it from the website via http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/downlo ... hedule.rtf , and finally it can be viewed on the forum at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=439 .

Please take a look at the schedule in at least one of the locations and make a note of when you are needed. As of this moment in time it is exactly three weeks until opening night - we don't have time to be doing things over and over again because people are missing them. If you absolutely cannot make a rehearsal, please give apologies to me or Lorna (director@ceciliansociety.co.uk) in good time.

As Lorna notes in the schedule, but as I will repeat for clarity, the 'Mall chorus' are all girls that are not in 'Pop!', plus all the boys. And as Laura B has made very clear, she would like everyone to have all the essentials of their costume by THIS Sunday 7th February: I speak from experience when I say it's pretty hellish trying to do everything else you need to do in addition to finding your costume the week before the show; it's much easier to get it sorted now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 am 

2. PROPS
Props needed for the show which you may be in possession of are listed below. Please reply to our lovely Co-Technical Director Emma Plant on emmaplant@hotmail.co.uk if you can loan the show any of the items listed.

-Cardboard boxes
-Handbags
-Electrical goods (sandwich makers, blenders, electric whisks etc.)
-Linen
-Towels
-Rings
-Ring boxes
-Jewish things (hats candles stars etc.)
-Plates
-Full length mirror
-Guitar cases
-Guitar
-Bass guitar
-Keyboard
-Drum Kit (stool, bass drum, cymbal, snare only)
-80s style Camera
-Trays
-Calculators
-Clipboards
Also please save up any champagne bottles and liquor bottles you happen to drink between now and show week! Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 am 

3. CAKES AND SAINTS
A quick reminder that we will be having a cake stall outside the QM next Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th February, to raise money for and to publicise the show. If you can spare a few hours at any time between 10am and 5pm on these days, please let either me or Esther (president@ceciliansociety.co.uk) know ASAP. And if you can bake anything to sell on the stalls, please do! Obviously not right now, though - just bring anything along on either of the days if you can. Full details at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=438

And a second reminder that THIS Saturday 6th February we will be singing in the St Enoch Centre from 12noon until about 3pm in a fantastic publicity opportunity. If you can make it then please come along, we will be meeting at 12noon outside Debenhams on the first floor of the centre, and wearing normal (black?) trousers with brightly-coloured tops to give an 80s feel. If you need any more details, contact Kirsty (publicity@ceciliansociety.co.uk) - hope to see you there!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 am 

Do you want a recap? The start wasn't that long ago. Oh, very well then. The rehearsal schedule is out, please take a look, get your costumes sorted, and continue your excellent work in selling lots of tickets! Have a look at the props list and see if you can lend us any - Emma will love you forever if you do*! And finally, send some cakes and some cake eaters our way next week, and come help publicise with your lovely voices this Saturday.

Watch this space for a full set of info about show week to appear shortly, but in the meantime, as always, don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions, queries, or concerns you may have. Until Thursday, I bid you farewell!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352

---------------------
Buy tickets online for The Cecilian Society's production of The Wedding Singer in February 2010
http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/tickets

---------------------
Support The Cecilian Society for free when shopping online with over 2000 popular retailers
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/tcsoc

Raise funds for The Cecilian Society when you search the Web
http://tcsoc.easysearch.org.uk

*May not actually be true; I'll need to confirm this with Emma!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 pm 

Hi Society!

Well, my apologies first of all, as I meant to send this over an hour ago but got distracted by being a Good Samaritan. Colin, Yasmin and I have just spent a significant amount of time helping gazillions of cars get up the hill outside my flat through a significant amount of snow. We feel manly. Yes, all of us.

Anyhow, a couple of quick reminders from our lovely Treasurer Susanne to be added to the previous email:

1. CAST CONTRIBUTION
There are still a few people who have not paid their cast contribution. The deadline for this was last Thursday, so if you have not paid it yet, then please give it to Susanne this Thursday, i.e. tomorrow. As we all know, the show costs a LOT of money to put on, and being in it, we assume that you would like it to go ahead! To those that have paid already, thankyou: it does make a massive difference in the show's budget, and makes it a lot easier to get the ball rolling on a lot of things.

2. CEILIDH AUCTION
Even further outstanding, there are still significant numbers of people who need to pay money towards what they bought at the ceilidh. There has been a list of debts on the forum for months now, some of which have now been paid but many of which are still outstanding. If you need to know what/if you owe, please speak to me at tomorrow's rehearsal, and if you already know, then please pay what you owe then! Thankyou.

Finally, don't forget that if you or anyone you know would like to do Tech or Front of House work, I'd really like to know ASAP! Front of House Assistants will get to see the show for free on any night they're helping, if that's an incentive - techies probably could too, if they weren't backstage...

And that's all the reminding we need. I'm off to do more manly things like gritting the front steps. See you tomorrow!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352

---------------------
Buy tickets online for The Cecilian Society's production of The Wedding Singer in February 2010
http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/tickets

---------------------
Support The Cecilian Society for free when shopping online with over 2000 popular retailers
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/tcsoc

Raise funds for The Cecilian Society when you search the Web
http://tcsoc.easysearch.org.uk