The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Annual General Meeting
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 pm 

Hi Society!

Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of The Cecilian Society, University of Glasgow, will take place on Thursday 13th May 2010 at 7pm in Committee Room 1 of the Queen Margaret Union.

The AGM is open to all members of the Society to hear how we've done in our activities over the past year, including from a financial perspective, and to elect the new Committee for next year. If you want to know more about what happens at the AGM, please see the draft agenda on http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/agm .

Post subject: Re: Annual General Meeting
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 pm 

Nominations for committee positions are now open! Nominations should be in writing, must be proposed and seconded by current Society members, and must be in my hands before 7pm on Wednesday 12th May 2010. There is a sample form on the website above which you can use for nomination if you wish, but any piece of writing with the correct information is perfectly acceptable, and in fact I very much encourage creative nomination 'papers'!

You may have heard the names of many Committee positions mentioned over the year, but the only ones which are specifically elected are the Executive positions of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. If you're not standing for one of these four positions, you simply stand for one of six available places on the Committee; responsibilities are allocated later. If you wish to stand for a Committee position, you should hand in your nomination as above, and you may also create a short written manifesto for people to peruse on the day. If you are standing for an Executive position, you are entitled to make a speech before the election. Anyone is entitled to know what nominations have been made at any stage; simply ask the Secretary in person or by text, email, carrier pigeon, semaphore... Please do, I like being asked things!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm 

This is also the time for any Constitutional Amendments that anyone wishes to propose. These too must be handed to me with proposer's and seconder's signatures before the above deadline. The current version of the Constitution may be found on the website should you wish to consult it. If there is anything that you think should be specifically added to the Agenda, then please let me know this before the deadline as well.

If you need to give me a nomination or have any questions at all then simply get in touch using any of the details below. Alternatively, find me or any other Committee member lurking about campus or the pub. This applies even more than usual if you're wondering whether or not to stand for a position: any Committee member should be a valuable source of info on what they've done over the year, and can provide much more advice than this short (ha!) message.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm 

If you can attend the AGM, please do, as we need to have a certain number of Society members there for the meeting to be valid, and you can't use your vote if you're not there. Plus it will be lots of fun, and there will be drinking!

Hurray for the AGM!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352