The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Annie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:05 am 

Hi Society!

Time has flown, hasn't it? It's only just over a week until the Weekend Away, and there is plenty more to be getting excited about too! Read and ye shall be enlightened.

1. TOMORROW
a. QM Elections
b. Post-Mortem
c. Video Night
2. WEEKEND AWAY

Post subject: Re: Annie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:05 am 

1. TOMORROW
Tomorrow, dear Cecilians, is Thursday 18th March. Several things are happening on this date that we thought you should know about if you don't already. Here they are:

a. QM Elections
Tomorrow the QMU holds its annual general elections to its Board of Management, including Executive positions. If you are a member of the QMU you can vote any time between 9am and 6pm in person, at the QMU itself. This is just a quick note to encourage you to use your vote if you are entitled to one! The eventual results of this election can make a big difference to your very own Cecilian Society over the coming year.

You are of course free to vote however you choose. Should you wish to know my personal recommendations, I shall be voting for Caoimhe O'Brien as President, noting her track record as the current Honorary Secretary, and shall be thinking very carefully about how to vote re the positions that both of our Qmunicate reviewers this year are standing for. I encourage you to do the same in this matter, by reading the manifestos next to the polling station and deciding which of the many candidates you think will do the best for the Cecilian Society. You are of course free to accept or ignore as much or as little of my personal ramblings as you'd like.

b. Post-Mortem
The post-mortem meeting for The Wedding Singer will be held tomorrow night at 8.30pm in Committee Room 1 in the QMU. For anyone who doesn't know what this entails, basically we will have a breakdown of the show's finances, followed by a chance to raise any points, good or bad, about any aspect of the show and its production which can be noted down and passed to next year's committee. Any member of the Society is welcome to attend this meeting and voice any opinions that they may have, so if you feel a desire to raise any point at all then please come along and do so. It shouldn't last too long as we're all going somewhere afterwards...

c. Video Night
...and that somewhere is of course PJ Champs, where we will be watching the winning 80s/Easter film(s?) from the forum poll. Assemble anytime from around 9pm for some perfectly mixed 80s and Easter banter!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 am 

2. WEEKEND AWAY
You will all know by now that the legendary Cecilian Weekend Away takes place next weekend (26th-28th) at the Urr Lodge (http://www.urrlodge.co.uk) and costs just £40 for a whole weekend's food, accommodation and transport. Banter, in the form of Organised Fun, comes for free. If you wish to take part in this most epic of social events then please get in touch with Yasmin via social@ceciliansociety.co.uk or via Facebook ASAP and arrange to get the money to her. I'm excited!

Incidentally, while I'm here I may as well let you know the next date for your diaries: the close of the Cecilian year and the most prestigious event in our social calendar, the annual Dinner Dance, will take place on Saturday 8th May in the GUU. Price is still being finalised but will be no more than £30 for dinner, ceilidh dancing and fine speeching. Get it in your diaries!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 am 

So, to recap: lots of things are happening tomorrow, Thursday. If you're checking your email and today is Friday, you've missed them. Fail. You haven't missed the Weekend Away or the Dinner Dance though, and should get yourself organised for them ASAP!

See you all for voting, verbalising and videoing tomorrow mofos! Word.

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352

---------------------
Support The Cecilian Society for free when shopping online with over 2000 popular retailers
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/tcsoc

Raise funds for The Cecilian Society when you search the Web
http://tcsoc.easysearch.org.uk