The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blind Mice, Bears and Short Messages
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:39 pm 

Hi Society!

And hi again to a few people I added to the mailing list just recently; welcome to the Cecilian Society! Thankfully, the number referred to in my subject is not the number of days until show week (that being just 13!), but the number of short yet very important messages I have to relay to you here! Do read on.

1. PROPS
2. CAKE
3. TECH

Post subject: Re: Blind Mice, Bears and Short Messages
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:39 pm 

1. PROPS
I've sent you two props lists recently - discard both of those; the following is what we are now looking for! Does anyone have any of these items that they could lend to the show:

an electric drum set or a Rock Band drum
an eighties camera - someone said they had one but Lorna can't remember who!
silver trays
a mic and stand
ring boxes
Jewish candles
clipboards
small pink dumb bells or any small dumb bells
a full length mirror
large pot plants
a water cooler bottle

If anyone has any of these things could you please email Lorna on director@ceciliansociety.co.uk by tomorrow night. If anyone has already said they'd provide a prop could you bring it on Thursday or let Lorna know if you can still provide it.

ALSO for all the boys, if you can then please come along on Thursday at 6pm to finish Single - if you can't make this then again, please email Lorna (director@ceciliansociety.co.uk).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm 

2. CAKE
Well done to all who baked/manned/bought on the cake stall today; we did very well despite there being two other cake stalls running simultaneously! A quick reminder that the stall will be running again 10am-5pm tomorrow (Wednesday) and so please keep up all the good work baking goods and sending friends to sample them!

Another quick reminder that tomorrow night we will be watching the film of The Wedding Singer in PJ Champs from 7.30pm. Do head along if you're free for some sort of communally-invented drinking game and Wedding Singer-related banter!

3. TECH
Calling all techies! If you fancy helping out with tech for the show, or are involved already, then Lee would like to meet in the GUU Beer Bar tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2pm to start some building - I hope you all get this in time!

A reminder as well that if anyone knows anyone else who would like to do Front of House and see the show for free, please let me know ASAP.

And that's all! Very brief, but very important. If you have any of the above props, please email Lorna, and if you are a boy, please come to rehearsals at 6 on Thursday if you can. The cake stall is on again tomorrow, and tomorrow night is The Wedding Singer viewing. Techies are meeting at 2pm tomorrow, and we are still looking for people to do Front of House.

As always, if you have any questions feel free to ask, but if not, I shall see you soon, children of the 80s! Adios.

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352

---------------------
Buy tickets online for The Cecilian Society's production of The Wedding Singer in February 2010
http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/tickets

---------------------
Support The Cecilian Society for free when shopping online with over 2000 popular retailers
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/tcsoc

Raise funds for The Cecilian Society when you search the Web
http://tcsoc.easysearch.org.uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm 

IN ADDITION!

Please see Lorna's post on the forum at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=445 for more prop info and info on Sunday's rehearsal. Apologies for the duplicate emails, and see you all soon!

Ben