The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The International Dialling Code for Switzerland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:43 pm 

Hi Society!

And a Happy New Year to you all! I do hope Santa was good to you. It is of course time to get back to the real world - I know, boo. But thankfully, help is at hand: we have a show which opens in just 41* days! And there is much to do during that time - see below for some details!

1. Rehearsals
2. Tickets
3. Events
4. Hoodies
5. Ceilidh Monies

*N.B. At the time of writing, this was correct. However, it is now only 39 days until said opening night, and as such, the title of this message is now a little misleading!

Post subject: Re: The International Dialling Code for Switzerland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:44 pm 

1. REHEARSALS
As you should all know by now, our first rehearsal of 2010 is THIS THURSDAY at the usual 7pm in the QMU. Please note that, as we have only 41 days until opening night, the whole cast will be required on Thursdays as usual AND during the day on Sundays from now until the show. Lorna will confirm more exact times etc at rehearsals, but for now, be notified!

On a slightly more serious note, this is now the time to do or die with regards to rehearsal - we need absolute commitment from everyone from here on in in order to make this show the success that it should be. To this end, if you cannot avoid missing a rehearsal, please remember to send your apologies in good time to Lucy Wild on 07963166518. I still cannot stress enough that missing a rehearsal is your last resort for anything: if you have coursework due in on a Friday, it's up to you to ensure you manage your time effectively, and don't let others down by pretending that Thursday evening is the only time you can do it. OK. Rant over. See you Thursday!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:44 pm 

2. TICKETS
Just in case anyone doesn't know by now (heaven forbid), The Wedding Singer will be performed in the Mitchell Theatre, Charing Cross, Glasgow, from Wednesday 24th - Saturday 27th February at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. However, it's almost definitely true that the show will not be performed at all if we don't have anyone to come and see it! At the moment, we're sitting on an OK total of 72 tickets - well done everyone who has got us there so far - but the reality is that this still leaves us with over 2000 tickets to sell. Please get texting everyone that you know, invite all your Facebook friends to the event here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181000668196 ; essentially if you can think of any (legal) way to sell some tickets, feel free to do it!

If you are struggling to make up the numbers, you can, as we've mentioned several times, buy a charity ticket. If you are a little confused as to what this actually means, I am here to help. Charity tickets are tickets bought by cast members (or anyone else, for that matter) at the concession price of £7. At a suitable point, the number of charity tickets that we have are totted up, and that number of tickets are donated to a local charity who are interested in bringing people to see the show. This year, our charity for charity tickets is Indepen-dance ( http://indepen-dance.org.uk/ ), a Glasgow dance company "offering creative movement classes to people with diverse abilities, their carers, family members and volunteers". They are very excited about coming to see the show, and the more charity tickets you buy, the more of them will be able to!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm 

3. EVENTS
We have numerous events coming up within the next few weeks; keep an eye on the forum or on http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/calendar for full details! One to note is the Burns Supper, which will be on Friday 22nd January - listen out in rehearsals for an announcement of venue and price for all the haggis you can eat!

The second hugely important event will be the next day, Saturday 23rd January, and is the legendary Cecilian Poster Day! The entire cast is required for the biggest publicity event in our calendar, and will be split into teams to saunter around Glasgow putting up as many posters as they can. I can't emphasise how important a good Poster Day turnout is, but I also can't emphasise how fun it is! There will be sweets, and probably biscuits too. And after we're finished, we'll go somewhere and drink! Meeting time will be outside the QMU in the early afternoon - keep your ears peeled for the exact time!

4. HOODIES
As you may or may not know, the Society is putting in another order for its fabulous hoodies, with the Society logo on the front and a name of your choice on the back, all for the amazing price of just £20! Due to Christmas and whatnot, it has been decided to extend the deadline for placing a hoodie order to the first rehearsal back, THIS Thursday 14th January. If you wish to order a hoodie, give your name, size (S-M-L-XL-XXL), name for the hoodie AND £20 to Laura McLuskey before this date - note that if your £20 has not been paid on this date, your order WILL NOT be placed. And that means you won't get a hoodie. Sad times. Bring £20 to rehearsal!

5. CEILIDH MONIES
As I'm sure you know, some of you still owe money for your purchases at the ceilidh auction at the end of November. A full list, which is only very slightly out of date, can be found on the forum at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=403 . I still have a separate list, so I will be chasing you soon. I personally feel it's much better if you just decide to chase me, throwing bundles of £20 notes over my head... or was that just a dream I had? In any case, cough up!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:46 pm 

So, the customary recap: rehearsals start on Thursday and continue on Thursdays and Sundays until the show, which opens in 41* days and which we need you to sell tickets for! We'd also really like you to come to the Burns Supper and really need you to help out at Poster Day! If you think it may be a bit cold, you can buy a lovely warm hoodie on Thursday for £20. And if you owe money from the ceilidh, I'm after you - although not in quite as creepy a manner as that sounds.

As always, if you have any queries, don't hesitate to email or find me in some other way, and I'll do my best to answer. Here's to 2010, the year of The Wedding Singer!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352

---------------------
Buy tickets online for The Cecilian Society's production of The Wedding Singer in February 2010
http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/tickets

---------------------
Support The Cecilian Society for free when shopping online with over 2000 popular retailers
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/tcsoc

Raise funds for The Cecilian Society when you search the Web
http://tcsoc.easysearch.org.uk

*See previous NB!