The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pieces in a Chess Game
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 pm 

Hi Society!

Well, it feels like only yesterday I sent you my last email, with its mysterious subject line. Not to worry, all shall be revealed further down the message! Things, however, have progressed at quite a rate since then, meaning that I have several other things to tell you about, and several more to come within the next couple of weeks! It also means that we now have just 32 days until opening night. Do read on!

1. EGM
2. Burns Supper
3. Publicity
4. Props List and Rehearsal Schedule

Post subject: Re: Pieces in a Chess Game
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 pm 

1. EGM
Notice is hereby given to all members that an Extraordinary General Meeting of The Cecilian Society, University of Glasgow, will be held at 6.45pm on Thursday 28th January 2010 in Committee Room 1 of the Queen Margaret Union, for the sole purpose of ratifying the Society's production of The Wedding Singer in the week commencing 22nd February 2010 in the Mitchell Theatre, Glasgow.

So basically, we're having a General Meeting next Thursday before rehearsal. Please therefore make an effort to be in the QM before 6.40pm that day. A General Meeting is a meeting of the entire Society, and in this case will allow you, the membership, to give your opinions on and ultimately vote on whether or not we should do this show. It is very important that as many of you are there as possible as without a certain number of members the meeting shall cease to be valid, and constitutionally it has large financial implications. If you have any other questions about it, please feel free just to ask, but once again, early arrival next Thursday would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 pm 

2. BURNS SUPPER
Full details about the annual Society Burns Supper are now, happily, confirmed for all! The supper will be held TOMORROW Friday 22nd January from 7.30pm in Sarah and Amy's flat - listen out for the address at rehearsals - and will cost £5 for a hearty meal of haggis, neeps and tatties. Money should be paid to Yasmin before the end of rehearsal, and when (or before!) you pay, please let her know if you are vegetarian, as vegetarian 'haggis' can also be provided if necessary, or of any other specific dietary requirements. Come along and enjoy a traditional celebration of Scottish culture - I would not object if anyone wished to bring a good bottle of whisky either. See you there!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 pm 

3. PUBLICITY
A little note for you from our lovely Publicity Convenor, Kirsty Leith:

"Just a little reminder to you all that we will be singing in the St Enoch Centre on Saturday 6th February at around 12 noon until 3pm. I will be asking you to pop your name down at tonight's rehearsal to confirm your attendance. In addition, I propose everyone wears their Cecilian hoodies, or otherwise just something black.

In addition, if you could remind everyone that tonight is the last opportunity to get programme photos and to please wear black!"

She's all about the black, that Kirsty Leith. Please wear it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 pm 

4. PROPS LIST AND REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
From our lovely Director, Lorna Moir, I have attached two things to this email. One is a props list for the show: please take a look at this and if there is anything on it you think you have and could let the Society borrow for a month or so, please let me or Lorna know ASAP. It would help the tech crew immensely, as the list is quite a substantial size! Thanks!

Secondly, a rehearsal schedule for the month of January is attached, and can also be found on the forum at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=429 . Please also take a look at this and ensure that for any rehearsals you cannot make, you give your apologies as far in advance as you can!

ATTACHMENTS:

Props List: http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/downlo ... psList.rtf
January Rehearsal Schedule: http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/downlo ... hedule.rtf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:27 pm 

So, the quick customary recap: NEXT THURSDAY we will be holding an EGM to ratify the show; please arrive early to rehearsal! Tomorrow is the Burns Supper so buy your tickets pronto, and keep Saturday 6th February free for singing in the St Enoch Centre. If you get this email before rehearsal (unlikely, I know, but still) then remember to wear black for your programme photo, and you could even take a little look at the props list and see if you have any!

Finally, as the more astute among you noticed, and some of you are still wondering, last email's subject was 'The International Dialling Code for Switzerland', which happens to be 41. On the day I sent the email, it was 41 days until opening night - get it?! It's not now though, it's only 32. And on that note, I better actually send this now, and see you in an hour or so! Cheery bye!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352