The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TECH RUN NOTES
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 am 

IT'S YOUR WEDDING DAY

-People dancing on dancefloor doing audition dance. Use stage R more.
-Smile! It will cover a world of sins.
-Look at each other and interact when you're on the dancefloor. It's a wedding. Act like it is.
-Boy dancers solo. We need to go over this. If you're unsure, find me tomorrow. I'll try and get you all together at some point.
-The jumps at the end were almost perfect, but not quite. A few people were still late. But a huge improvement.
-Same for last chorus. This is starting to give me a lovely warm feeling inside as it should. But I want more. I want it to make me weep with joy. It's just not quite perfectly in time and some people are lacking energy. Also, smile! The dancers at the front of this were particularly great here.
-Be aware of keeping the aisle straight still.
-Colin you appeared beautifully at the back when they made the aisle.

SCENE 1
-People at the bar. Surely you shouldn't be listening to the speech. Or if you are you should be at least half busying yourself with something else.

SOMEDAY
-In the walk towards the bouquet scrum bunch up closer together, and closer to Julia at the front.
-Scrum-When you turn to sing you could be even more depserate. You're on a stage far away from the audience, you can afford to be over the top. People like Susanne and Laura Bauld are doing it just right at the moment.

POP
-Daly, we could see you behind the clothes, make sure you're hidden.
-More conviction needed form all. Particularly on the 'question his love's at the end. Is everyone sure when you stand straight? because you don't look it and it's a bit lacklustre.
-'Revolves around him' was still lacklustre. Walk with more purpose towards table and turn on 'him'. Ellen was the only one who seemed to 'breeze' past as you should do.
-Yasmin. If you end up in the middle keep your arms softly out.
-We also need to get you guys some bottles.
-Kirsty C-Don't make a face if unsure. You're much more likely to get away with it otherwise.
-Dancers, I have realized there is a simple answer to to the problem of the end. You should start moving on the 2nd long note. So ignore the first one but obvs, take note that it has happened, and then raise your R arm with the bottle in it on the second long note. There are so many of them it doesn't matter. Why did I not think of that before?! Flower deliverers, your walk off needs to be as OTT as Ellen's was at the first rehearsal we did it at. You're doing everything at the right time. It looks fine. You just need more conviction.

CASUALTY OF LOVE
-On the walks on 'neeeeed, i neeeeeed' put more emphasis on the walks. Keep your legs bent for longer on each step. If this is a confusing concept as me sometime. You shouldn't be shuffling in and out.
-This was good but could do with more energy, mainly from the non-casualtys. The fight, admittedly, always has loads of energy. Ashleigh, I don't think I've ever said, you are glorious as the distraught bride.

TODAY YOU ARE A MAN
-Peter, you put the bottle on your head in the break in your dancing before 'there's a waitress, dressed up like a...'. And with the hats, make sure they're far enough forwards that the bottle isn't sticking out at the back. It was a valiant effort bottle/hat-wise though.

SATURDAY NIGHT
-Chorus on dancefloor, you can't be in front of the principals during their dialogue. Fill the stage when the song starts but if you're in front of the platform stL you need to get out of the way on the freestyle break you get after the shimmy section. Dancers you do your girl/boy solos using the whole of the stage. You shuld end up centre at the end of this but be aware that if you've strayed towards stage R that you need to hall ass out of there quickly once the chilled out dancing starts. There is also the problem of those moving off and on the dancefloor. Could we have some of the people who move off the dancefloor going to the back of the stage, or just to the (stage)right of the platform. Only once person should cross in front of the principles at a time during their dialogue, but you can cross if you do it in this way. If we spread out the people around the edges like that it should help. Also, there is space behind the podiums (and will be even more next time as they'll be further forwards) to dance in if you want to spread around them.
-Take note. Lucy will be fake falling off her podium on 'Check out the view' so don't be next to it at that point.
-Good fall Lucy. I had totally forgotten what was happening and thought you really had fallen! Scared the bujeezus out of me. Well done.
-Podium girls. I LOVE YOU ALL. You've obviously worked really hard to get this looking so good. Susanne you look a little unsure sometimes, but mainly you all looked great!
-John Gerard. You're moving just a tad too fast on the slowmo.
-Kirsty C. Emma and I have made an executive decision that you should not smack Ronan's booty during the slowmo. I'm sorry, we decided it was just a little too on the silly side.

ALL ABOUT THE GREEN
-The aisle needs to be a little wider at the start.
-Group 1. ON your 2nd 'wanna be somebody' remember you're starting to move slowly towards the centre.
-Rooney, you need to get the far R end of that line on Iococca. I think we're gonna have to go back to the taking the table off plan as I think that was what messed this up.
-Group 2 and dancers. Remember your fighting is supposed to be slowmo. Every wedding singer dance needs it's slowmo interlude.
-When your arms are up on CEO you move in towards each other as well.
-Dancers on stage L, when you move into your new positions after GOP is SRO walk right in front of the water cooler people. You did this today but didn't go quite stage L enough. They are about to go off so it's fine.
-Watercooler people-Be imaginative here. Act while you're singing.
Group 2 singers. You look unsure. This is a bigger probem than incorrect moves because most of you are doing them right now. You just need to do them with conviction. Steph, don't make a face if you're unsure or if the tables presence is worrying you. Ignore it! Work around it.
-Don't forget, those who end up crawling, you need some money secreted on your person.
-Crawlers, you all need to make more of your crawls. Throw your whole body into every crawl forwards. Once again, Susanne Maclean is wooping all your asses at this.
-Circle around Robbie. Better. Still needs more energy.
-On the step kicks before the V you were early, not sure how unfortunately. But everyone make sure you are sure of your timing here.

SINGLE
-We need to go over this. Having said that it's getting better every time and the rapping bit is wonderful.

FINALE
-Dancers-Running man, both your arms should be straight at the same time. Is lovely, could use more energy. I would like everyone to be as energetic as Ashleigh.
-Listen to the music, the back half were late running on. There are 8 counts for the back half to come on, 8 for the front half. Then 8 for the archway and Julia and Robbie to run through. 4 counts after that you turn to face front.
-Front line, please make sure you know the dance. If you're unsure ask me.
-People doing guys part in last 'oh oh ohs'. When you take the steps back on 'always find you' don't raise your arms.
In the oh oh ohs here and in IYWD people doing girl part look to the left when you throw your arm out to the left. People doing guy part are responsible for grabbing their hand, so you look at their their hand. Then all look forwards.

Ok, that's all.

AmyFx

Post subject: Re: TECH RUN NOTES
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 pm 

p.s. In Saturday Night the coming out of slowmo bit was probably the best ever. But still not quite tight enough. Remember to count the 8 in your head when you're all jumping up. Even if you think you don't need to do it so that you don't jump on the 'and'.

x